Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Emory's name!

Artyom will no longer be Artyom...or "Puzi" (a nick name from his last name?) or #9. He has a new name. Given to him by his mother and his father who will love him forever!

Emory Mac Handrich

Emory is the name we picked out for Emerald, if she had been a boy. We decided to wait until she was born to find out and we really thought we were having a boy. Somehow Emory turned into Emerald. :) So, Emory has been in our hearts for a long time. It means, "home ruler", "industrious leader", "work and ruler". I'm still figuring out the significance of that. Any thoughts?

Mac is a family name. It comes from my maiden name, but more importantly is the nickname my beloved grandfather went by. He went to be with Jesus when I was 8, but I have only the fondest memories of him and I think he would be happy to have Emory named after him. It means "son of". Appropriate.

So, there you have it! We are mostly calling him Bubba though...which is very close to "brother" and easy for Emerald to say. We're silly!





1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good name! When I was in high school I used to say I wanted to name one of my kids Mac after Mac Powell in Third Day.

    ReplyDelete