Thursday, October 6, 2011

Family Pictures

Test shot!

The HANDRICH family! Mommy, Emory, Emerald, and Daddy

Sweet Emory checking out his sis.

Take TWO!







Death grip on my nose.

The face he makes when there is food around.



Things are going well here. Visiting Emory at least once a day. The visits are good. He seems happy to see us. I got to change his diaper the other day and really get a good look at his surgery. I can't wait to take him to a doctor. I have no idea if what I'm seeing is good and normal? Speaking of diaper, the other day I went in to get him and his group was outside except for a couple who were with a nanny getting ready and they had left him all alone on his potty! I'm sure he must have been there for 5 or 10 minutes alone. I went in and he was just sitting there, all alone in the big room with a little potty with his hands in his lap. I was very happy to scoop him up that day! The only good news, I guess, is that he went poop and pee in the potty.

Emerald is growing up before my eyes! She's like a mini-little-girl. It's so beautiful to see, but I have to admit, slightly painful to see her growing up so fast---life is so fast, but a vapor!

Yesterday I/we had a perspective change. It's all in how you look at things. We are realizing that even our lengthy time here is a special gift from God, that we will probably never have again. This trip should not be a drudgery, but each day one to grow in relationship with the Lord and as a family and experience new adventures. Please pray for us! We want to go deeper in God, seek Him more, know Him more...but there are so many distractions.

We are so thankful for everyone who has made donations. Things are going to cost significantly more now because of our lengthy trip, so we are grateful for every dollar. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

PS- You will love my friend Tiffany's blog. She's an old friend and a wonderful mommy--full of love and creativity. Check it out and vote for her! See the Skyline
Also, check out my sister in law Jennie's page. She is an extraordinary cake maker and you will LOVE her work! "Like" her page and you could win a handmade apron! Jennie's Cake Creations

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...beautiful pics!! You guys look so natural together. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow did I fall off the planet! I did not realize you were gone over seas yet! If you have time, can you email me and tell me where you are? I hope all is going well for you, it sounds like it is:) Praying for smooth journeys from here on out. Love ya, Cathy Bachman foggydogs@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete