Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Today we stayed home all day.

Today was a grand day. First, Matthias woke up at 3am to watch Terra Nova, a silly, but good, Jurassic Park-ish TV show. I was supposed to get up and watch it with him, but...no, it didn't happen. Not at 3am.

Then I tried to get Emerald to sleep in with us, but she wouldn't have it. That's okay, she went to bed at 8:30! Her and I got up at 8 and made some fruity tea and ate oatmeal. It was sweet. Daddy got up and I got back in the bed for another hour, which was glorious. I drifted in and out of sleep and wrapped myself up in blankets and loved it. It was raining hard, that always makes naps better.

We spent the entire day inside. It was pouring rain and very cold and an orphanage visit would have been very difficult. As much as we wanted to see our boy, we know we are going to get to have him forever in one week. I made fried potatoes and onions for lunch and vegetable soup for dinner. We colored with crayons, snuggled in the bed lots, napped, watched some videos, drank hot drinks, made big messes, took hot baths, thought about going out but didn't.

Don't want to forget today. It was special.

5 comments:

  1. Rainy days are always fun to snuggle in bed, eat, maybe even read...Love you guys...GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....stop in and see me when you get back?
    I picked up a few things which are yours.

    Chris B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chris, we are hoping to be home November 4th.

    ReplyDelete