Friday, September 16, 2011

Meeting Our Son


As I was saying, Wednesday was very busy and we were very sleepy, but there was so much anticipation because we knew we were going to meet our little Emory. We were all in the director's office when she makes a phone call and they bring him in. He did start crying a little---they said he wasn't used to strangers. I did tear up a bit, I'm sure I could have bawled, but I held it together. He was so tiny and beautiful.

Our first family picture. Emory was a little overwhelmed with all the strangers.

Emory checking Mama out.

Still a little nervous...

Gave Daddy a smile though.

Poor baby had a fever.



Emerald that day.

Emerald that night...she's never been a good sleeper until she met Ukraine!

It was amazing meeting him. What a gem little Emory is. We learned that he has had three surgeries and now goes to the bathroom in his diaper, so that's great I guess! We also learned that he would have been transferred to an institution in February where I'm sure he would have been confined to a crib and wasted away. Thank you God for leading us to him!

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Thank God for you guys coming to get him before that could happen! Can't wait to see him home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw him when we were there. What a beautiful boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE! HE IS PERFECT!! I'm SOOO happy he can use his diaper, as odd as that sounds, i prayed for that. :)
    I love him so much! Wish I could hold him! And give him loves. He is just so perfect, i am so glad God called you guys to rescue him! I love him so so so much! <3

    ReplyDelete