Thursday, September 8, 2011

What We Do

What does a family do the week before they embark on a 4-6 week journey that will change their lives? 

A family date at Starbucks.




(Where caramel and coffee and lots of whipped cream were involved.)


A trip to Lowes.
Early morning quiet times.


Saying goodbye to a big-city-dwelling friend. <3




Picking up a sturdy travel bag and helpful books from another friend. Mama of 10. 
Asking one of her girls to entertain Emerald in the car.



Making soup with the remaining food in their house and eating said soup for three days straight.


Finishing up the eggs, cheese, and lunch meat for lunch with an omelet.



Looking out the window while writing up a blog with no internet.





Oh and...


Packing, naps, meals, bank visiting, more packing…

2.5 days until takeoff!

6 comments:

  1. I am excited for you and praying for you guys! Can't wait to meet your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I have held and loved on your little Emory and he is adorable. He has such a gentle soul and the most beautiful little face. You all are one lucky family!!!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emory was the FIRST child we sponsored on the Angel Tree. I have his Christmas ornament. I have had his picture on my blog since the beginning of our adoption. I am DEFINITELY praying him home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay, you and I have never met but I know Matthias. I am Kyle T.'s mom, by the way :)

    I am so touched by the way God has walked with you as you began the journey to add to your family. He never fails, does He?

    I will continue to follow this blog and pray along with you. Thank you so much for sharing this remarkable experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have loved and prayed for Emory. I'm so glad I found your blog so I can follow your journey to get him. I just saw your wish list and I'd be honored to send clothes for him. Once you meet him and decide what size, please let me know and I'd be so happy to send your precious angel any clothes he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for the message on my blog! I met Emory last summer/fall right after he had returned from Kiev for his second surgery. The director was so excited that they had funding for him to have the surgery. I adopted two boys from this orphanage and Emory was in my youngest son's groupa. I saw him everyday for almost a whole month! He will blossom with your love. Unfortunately, in that groupa the children were not allowed to be very mobile, but my Caden took off running as soon as we got home. I will be following your journey and I wish you all the best of luck!

    Stephanie Carmichael
    steffie1019@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete